Old 02-12-2009, 06:05 AM
mpspeedy

Hi,

I have probably made over a hundered quilts of various sizes in the more than 40 years I have been doing this. Several were actually worn out with use on our beds. I have lots of smaller ones that were challenges or that I made as mementos of various trips we took. I usually manage to find a fabric shop everywhere we go. The first 20+ years I was married we had a queen size waterbed. The quilts I made for it don't fit my present air bed so I had an excuse to make more. I also am a prolific maker of Linus quilts and I make quilts as baby presents etc. All of my step-children and their children have at least one quilt. My nieces and nephews are reproducing and their children also get quilts .
I do handquilting for hire so many quilts have passed through my hands that I don't now possess. I just finished an I Spy quilt to give to my daughter's former college roommate for her little girl. If my daughter ever has a child I know I will be making quilts for him or her. In fact I have a baby quilt made and ready in which I used Sunbonnet Sue and Sam blocks that my mother pieced and appliqued before her death.