View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Ramona Byrd

While it is important for individuals to monitor their foods for allergy and safety, using an insect product for food coloring actually sounds better to me than some of the frankenstein stuff that modern chemists add to the food chain.
--------------------------------------------
I'll agree with this. Insects don't bother me that much, unless they have been sprayed. Doesn't seem like this is the case here.
Aspartame for one is a dangerous thing, so now they are going to call it "Amino Sweet" for the folks who won't be looking for this till they learn better. High Fructose Corn Syrup is changing its name to simply "Corn Syrup". Doesn't that sound nutritious? Money is king, so we have to monitor our own food intake. Me..I strongly suspect there's something else in diet sodas that isn't on the label and is highly addictive. I can stop drinking it, get my caffeine in tea and coffee, yet still get headaches and want my diet sodas. I'm working on lowering my intake, slowly...very slowly. Also losing weight just as slowly!!!! That sorta surprised me. I think in the mean while I'll change to Sucrose and sodas that have it in them, going today to search them out. I'm told by a chemist I know that Sucrose "mostly" is excreted from the body, unlike Aspartame. I'm going to not think of that "mostly" bit till I've tamed my craving for soda.

Sure would like to find one that has plain old Stevia in it. I heard some soda companies are trying to come up with a good tasting soda with Stevia.

(Wanna gain weight? Drink Diet Sodas!!)