View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 12:26 PM
GrammaBabs

i'm with you!!!! making from my stash in both quilting, knitting and crochet..... listening to the new and thinking about all that's going on right now, just makes me realize i need to do something with all i have!!! We are coming to a time when you can vacation a bit.... (in 43yrs. only 2 with hubby)... don't dye my hair... i'm just a low maintenane girl... so i say.... let's get in those rooms and start making things....(that's mostly a cheer for me.... i can barely move in mine,, so many things in progress, it's a wonderful space,,, i just need to go in, shut the door and create!!!! Enjoy your stuff girls... it too me years to figure out that my hobby was becoming "shopping" not creating... (
Originally Posted by mshollysd
I really think it matters if you spend the money for fabric and then never make anything with it. I made 6 quilts for Christmas presents last year and used a lot of my fabric up. I bought batting and backing when necessary. So I can't buy fabric just because it is out there anymore, I buy it for a purpose. I am a reformed fabriholic and since I am not going to give up quilting, I need to make sure my purchases are necessary. So the amount you spend doesn't really mean anything if you are using it up too.
:lol: