Old 03-19-2011, 02:45 PM
SaraSewing

As I sort through my scraps, I found that I have lots of orange. And it is not my favorite color. So I dreamed a way to use lots of the orange! Butterflies!

As my grandkids turn 6 years old, I make them a new twin quilt for their bed, since little kid stuff is outgrown and outdated. My little gal turns 6 on March 20 and here is her quilt.

It has a sub-story going on too. My 88 year old mother was living with us. As I cut the fabric, she never ceased to be amazed at a rotary cutter and mat. Then she said "I speak to embroidery on the 'antlers'."

As each block was done, she started in. Some of them are pretty wonky and strange, but it was her doing. Then when there were only 2 left, Mother had a stroke and passed away a few days later (Feb 24). I am a hospice nurse, so I felt right in my element to take care of her at home. It was busy, but a very satisfying and peaceful time.

This little quilt is from little Sariah's granmother (me) and her great grandmother! I hope she appreciates it when she's older. Sariah spent several days with us just two weeks before her old Gran died, so I think she'll remember her.

Orange Butterfly twin quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172045[/ATTACH]

Embroidery on the corner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172046[/ATTACH]

Gracie approved the final product
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172047[/ATTACH]

The back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172048[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-172040.jpe   attachment-172041.jpe   attachment-172042.jpe   attachment-172043.jpe