Old 03-19-2011, 06:02 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ohio Star Quilter
A couple days ago I said I would post pictures of the Necchi BU Mira and cabinet that I got off of Freecycle. It came with all the attachments, manual, Wonder wheel and cams. The cords were all rotted and the handwheel wouldn't move by hand at all. The spring on the slide plate was broken and the bobbin winder housing was broken in two. I found replacements on Ebay and Bonanza.
I used a lot of liquid wrench in all of the oil points to get it loosened up and then oiled it,rewired the machine and took apart the motor and cleaned it up. Rewiring it and cleaning the motor was a first for me but with all the info on the internet I figured that I could do it. I'm waiting for the belt to come in the mail and then will muster up the courage to plug it in. lol
I'll make sure that I plug it into a GFCI outlet so if something is wrong it will trip it.
Judy
You did a fabulous job on the cleanup. The desk looks fabulous, too. Hope all goes well when you plug it in and run it... You have a fine machine there.