View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 06:04 PM
pamkasperi
Banned

Ok this project started out pretty good. Liked my colors started making my squares....too much brown and blue and not enough pink and not every triangle had the breast cancer ribbon in it.

Plow ahead....

Break 7 needles.

Square up every square...sew together...thought I made sure it was squared again.

Nope - more of a ruffle effect now....must be the satin feeling material I used for the brown outside the ribbon.

Plow ahead.

Make the edge per helpful suggestions on here.

Now I can't decide on a back. Find a back...sew togehter - sewed wrong sides together - at least 1/2 around before I clued in.

My dear friend seam ripper and I had some quality time together. Start again.

Put the binding on - thinking ok on a scale of 1 to 10 (my one to 10 not ya'lls :)....a 6...start cutting threads...find 2 places where the seams have come apart and several places where my tension was off and so the threads are showing through (oh yes...did I mention I used white thread and they are showing threw on the brown material?

This was for a raffle...not anymore...guess I could just give it to one of the local hospitals or hospice....

I'm calling this....

"Pain in the Posterior Fight for Breast Cancer!" unless ya'll have a better title!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-172151.jpe