Thread: how much time
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 02:24 AM
olebat

Math is not my strong point, I can't even average how much time I spend sewing. A lot depends of the erratic schedule of everyone living in the house. Our exchange daughter resides in the room adjacent to my primary sewing room. She is a university senior, majoring in International Relations, Phi Kappa Phi, studies hard. I want to respect her need to concentrate, so avoid sewing in times when she is sleeping or studying. Hubby works swing shifts, and that puts the machines in the vintage room out of service, as they are next to our bedroom. Unless I have a project on the long arm, which is in my office on the lower level of the house, my early mornings and late nights are here on the computer. I write, design, or read about quilting. By the time they get up, I'm on the sofa for my morning nap. LOL When I'm home alone, it's sewing non stop. Then, I have MY life too. Retirement was something I left behind with my Army career over 25 years ago. Now, as the 4-H lady, I'm always on the go. I enjoy working with the kids, teaching them to cook, sew, craft, enjoy the out-of-doors, and how to prepare for their future independent lives as functional citizens. Sew when I can squeeze it in.