View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 04:34 AM
grann of 6

I have sewed all my life; made all my kids clothes, grandkids clothes, sewed for other people, etc. I used to make window treatments for friends, family, co-workers in the evenings. After my husband passed I moved out here in the country to be closer to all my kids who all live within 10 minutes of me. I met a lovely neighbor across the street who also sewed and had kids the same ages as my adult kids. We bonded immediately. After she retired from the school district she decided to do some quilting and was determined to get me into it. I knew nothing about quilting except what I absorbed from Alex Anderson and her guests on her daily TV show. After my neighbor passed away, her husband gave me all her sewing stuff including her old Kenmore sewing machine. In the stuff was a lap quilt top she had been making for me while they wintered in Florida. It took me a couple months to be able to work with it but finally finished it the way she would have done it. And as everyone else says, there was no turning back. I am hooked. My daughter still can't believe I am a "quilter".