View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Blinky

The more I think about it ....that is probably what happened. Maybe even did a project with their hearts and this is what was left over. I had to redo a little of the hand quilting stitches because they came out ...probably came loose when they cut the hearts out of the quilt. Maybe I should have just left it the way it was...more original but I did try to make the stitches exactly the same bigger and uneven stitching..that wasn't hard for me :0). It's exciting for me to wonder how and who did these vintage quilt projects back then. What was going through their minds. Maybe some day someone will be wondering about our projects! Going to search for one of those windows.

Originally Posted by JoyjoyMarie
Originally Posted by Blinky
Originally Posted by Country1
How many do you have? Maybe get an old wooden window with panes and place one in each pane?
Oh my gosh...how cool would that be!!! I have six! But now where am I going to find an old wooden window.....that would be way too cool!
We have some in our shed- and I wouldn't be surprised if any old local farmer with outbuildings would have some too. Or try the Re-Store or antique shed.

Looking at your hearts, it's my guess that someone was going to throw out some old quilts, and someone else said "No- I love those old quilts and I can use them" and started a project she didn't know quite how to finish with the hearts.
:roll: :roll: