View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 06:41 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

I've always sewn - nothing dramatic, costumes for kids, curtains, some of my clothes. When Simply Quilts was on, I watched it every morning before work, enjoying, never, ever considering making a quilt. But I was fascinated by it. So I watched for several years. I hadn't even told anyone I watched Simply Quilts.Then I retired. Within weeks, one of my sons (who doesn't live with me and who never saw me watching the show) said "now that you are retired you can make me a quilt". What???? I said "I don't quilt" and he said "well, you are retired, so you can learn". I didn't make any commitments, and almost stopped thinking about it, and then there was an ad in the paper about a quilting class, which I signed up for, and, the rest is history. My first quilt was a flannel baby quilt, round the world. Then I tackled his king size, microfiber, which was no picnic. I did it on the basic dinky Brother mechanical. Only SITD, but, he still has it 6 years later. All that watching Simply Quilts has helped too.