Old 03-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Maggie_Sue

Since reading a thread on this board about not being able to sell designs form some designers, it came to my attention I have not often looked at that information. My new personal policy is to be very proactive about this. At 9 dollars or more a pattern, I prefer the flexibility of selling a bag or two to co-workers or friends if asked. After reading a disclaimer at the end of a pattern and not on the outside of the envelope. I contacted the the designer with an e-mail by going to her web site stating:

"I purchased your pattern for ---------------- which I found to be a very cute design. Much to my dismay, there was a note at the end of the pattern that states in part, "Items cannot be made for sale from this pattern." I would like to see this information on the OUTSIDE of the envelope, so that I can make an informed decision at the point of purchase. I do not purchase any patterns with this disclaimer and would not have purchased this had I known. I am personally notifying every designer that has this policy. I thought you would like to know why I will not purchase your designs in the future.
Thank you for your time."
Signed