Old 03-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by melinda1962
OMG!! Is that yellow sewing machine original yellow? I love the various colors that the Japanese 15s come in. I am on the hunt if it is. Sounds like a fun weekend to me. My husband works nights, so I have a lot of those weekends. My mom or kids will call and ask what I am doing......standard answer is playing with sewing machines.

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Thought you all might like to see how my GFs and I are spending the first night of a long weekend!!
Yes, it is. I found one several years ago and used it first as a treadle, and later as a handcrank. I love it--sews like a dream. My friend Di kept trying to talk me out of it, and this fall I found her one . She has it cleaned up and sewing, but was "coaxing" something loose. I had to take a picture of it, as we all kept saying, "I wouldn't do that if I were you!" She wound up just tapping it though, so it's all good.
We all met through Treadleon and all live within 6 or 7 hours of each other, so get together at various places several times throughout the year. I have met some of the best friends I've ever had on the internet.
We had a great weekend; spent some of it eating and drinking a bit of champagne (necessary for working on some of the older machines), some of it at quilt shops and antique malls, and the majority tearing down machines on my kitchen table!! I didn't even take the tablecloth off, just put on a piece of plastic. Yeah, we're classy.
We're getting together at the Cincinnati quilt show in April--anyone else going to be there?