View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Terryl

Originally Posted by peggymunday
Paper piecing isn't just cutting the paper, you have lines drawn on the paper that direct you to stitch on an exact line. It makes your finished work have very nice detail and looks precise. I personally don't like using paper and instead trace designs onto a thin muslin and then leave it on the back as an added stabilizer. It's never been too thick and I don't have the extra problem of the mess involved with removing the paper pattern when you're done stitching. Paper piecing generally is for patterns that don't play off one another and the lines don't necessarily line up together. That was rather unclear, huh? What I mean is - it's not like stacking and matching seams like putting together squares or triangles. Here's an example from one that I did - a round TUIT. You've heard people say that they'll do something someday - when they get around to it? Well, I handed these out at a church group one time, "Round TUITs", along with a devotion. They were colorful and easy to do with the PP pattern. It's in three sections which are put together matching seams after all the PP is done. Here's a photo and link for the pattern.
Photo and link didn't come through