Old 03-20-2011, 08:33 AM
pamkasperi
Banned

For a few months now I've come and posted. I've had a few laughs; made a few people laugh; asked for help; have given help; looked at pictures and posted pictures.

Last night and this morning took the cake.

Let me say - I'm a whiner...I'm impatient....I want the easy way...I don't like rules and directions and I want it fast - all of this with my sewing and quilting ONLY. In my other life - I'm methodical; patient; don't break the rules; follow advice; take it slow so its done right and am just a plain out right perfectionist!

Why so different? I've seen posts saying "hey newbies were here for you want a mentor?"...I've never taken anyone up on that because even my own mother gave up on teaching me to sew because I didn't take my time and follow the RULES...I just wanted to run with it and finish it as quick as I could so I could see it done; smile at myself and move on to the next idea; project; bolt of fabric.

So last night I posted my "Pain in the Butt Quilt for Breast Cancer" which Pam M (milp04) lovingly renamed Pain in the Butt for Boobs. Everything went wrong on this quilt start to finish. I got up this morning and see post after post - all lovingly telling me - your quilt is uh well lets just say "uh....we know what you did wrong do you?" (ok not really everyone was lovely, nice and sweet but I can read between the lines :lol: )

But my feelings were NOT hurt; I didn't feel chastized I didn't even feel like I had been offerred some praise I had not deserved. What I felt was the loving care of a group that knew "hum....her quilt kinda stinks...she messed up in every way possible...we can't tell her it looks good but maybe we can slow her down and make her take in some good advice".

What I wanted was "looks great....oh no good job...love it...pretty etc...." what I got was a boat load of great suggestions; constructive critisim; helpful hints and smiles - lots of smiles - yours and mine cuz I made someone laugh enough there husband came to see what was going on!

So thank you...Quilters are the best - you have to be to have patience to read my posts; look at my pictures and struggle through all the obvious mistakes and wonky quilts I posts!

So remember when reading and dealing with my quilts...treat me like one of your kids - you know they bring home the arts and craft project and you can't say it looks great and I love it because it doesn't- so you say - now that was an interesting choice of colors...looks like you worked hard on it. I figure if I'm going to quilt like a 10 year old it is the least I deserve!! :lol: :lol: Seriously - the helpful hints and suggestions have to keep coming or I'll never grow up - remember Thursday I was FMQ'ing like a kindergartner and I have now graduated to 1st grade...Ya'll have a long way to go with me!

Bottom line - this is a great place with a great group of people - men and women. You tell it like it is; you praise; you pray; you help; you laugh and you make people laugh - so on this wonderfully warm and humid morning know that someone in Corpus Christi is happy to have you as her cyber pal.