View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:13 AM
NanaCsews2

I agree whole-heartedly with milp04. Once you explain a few of those things to your friends, see how far they go with still wanting you to do this for them. Many will not. I have been there. Just explaining a couple things, in a most pleasant way, turns them off and they think you will be 'troubled' with the project. Fact is, it is all part of doing a wonderful project such as this. It is a process, and we as creative people believe in the process-the beginning to the ending. We wouldn't not commit 110% to the piece. But it takes all the factors Pam talks about. I have resigned myself to never charging for anything. But I don't commit to something I don't want to do for the person asking. I am proud of the work I do, albeit not exactly professional. My family and friends know this. It is like selling a car to family or friend-you don't want the input afterwards unless it is positive. A good friend would understand the process, and would agree to whatever cost you must make from these heirlooms. People pay thousands for a large family portrait to hang above their fireplaces, these quilted heirlooms are priceless too. Just my 2 cents worth....