View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:19 AM
BKrenning

I can't see the second picture. It's too blurry but from the first picture it appears that you are threading it sort of backwards. The thread should be coming down from above through the tension dial up to the hook above it or possibly the one next to it and then to the one above. It's very similar to my Voyager so I'll go take a picture of it and compare. Be right back!

Ok. On mine, the thread comes down after being run through a 3 hole bar from above around and through the tension dial then it goes over to the left under the long metal hook and then up to the little metal flange, then through the takeup lever and over to the other little metal flange, then down to a wire guide just above the needle before passing through the needle from nose end toward the harp.

Also, if your's takes industrial needles like mine, you have to look at them closely to make sure you get them turned correctly. There is a "scarf" or little carved out area in front of the eye. If you put the needle in backwards--it will shred the thread and possibly nick the bobbin race.