View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 12:38 PM
FancyFoot

Photo Tips/Notes: In order to obtain details in a photo of a brightly lit object (such as a full-moon) the light reaching the film/digital sensor must be reduced -

there are three ways to achieve such light reductions -

one way is to make the hole (aperture) smaller, noting aperture settings (hole size) is smallest when the aperture setting (f stop number) is highest i.e. f 8.0 -

the second way to reduce light is to reduce the time the film/digital sensor is exposed to light which is done by INCREASING the SPEED of the shot (shutter) which DECREASES the TIME the shot is exposed to light (i.e. 1000th/second verse 100th/second) -

the third and final way involves the film/digial sensor's sensitivity to light - where the more sensitive to light film/digital sensor is indicated by a higher ISO number (i.e. ISO 2000) and less sensitive to light with a lower ISO number (i.e. ISO 200).

TO SHOOT THE MOON IN DETAIL:
Use a small hole (f 8.0) for a short period of time (1000th of second) along with a film/digital senor hosting a low ISO (<200) - adjust all three (if necessary) using your camera's MANUAL settings to achieve desired detailed effects - such as a full-moon (bright object) to that of a white dot (over exposed) image in the sky.

These photos illustrate...

Original Photo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172533[/ATTACH]

Zoom of Original (Computer software)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172535[/ATTACH]

Zoom of Original (Computer software)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172537[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-172528.jpe   attachment-172530.jpe   attachment-172532.jpe