View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 04:01 PM
angiecub

Originally Posted by okiedee
Has anyone used one of those bobbin winders found at WalMart? I am wondering...what you think of them, are they worth the money?

My bobbin does not hold a lot of thread, I wind up two or three, but does not last very long and I hate to unthread the machine to rewind a bobbin. Hugs, Dee

My friend and I both bought the Sidewinder at Christmas time at JoAnn's--buy one, get one free--so we paid about $17 each for them. At the time, we felt like it was a real luxury--something that we didn't really need but would like to have. Since then, I have used mine extensively because my sewing machine barely fills the bobbin, and my friend's machine sewing machine bobbin winder stopped working, so they have been great. The one drawback is that it is so light that it will tip over, so you have to hold it. But it works very well. I'd wait to use the 40% or 50% coupon at Joann's and buy it there. You can also get a 20% off total purchase coupon if you go to the following link, then you can get up to 70% off. http://printable-coupons.blogspot.co...n-coupons.html