Old 02-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Quiltinsolitude

I became seriously addicted to quilting about 5 yrs ago . . .although I had pieced and tied quilts off and on for about 20 years . .. just a couple for the kids or myself. In the past 5 years though, I've made five or six quilts just for the house . . .the two bedrooms and one for the living room . . .I have also made and given each of my daughter's very close college friends a quilt - the colors were their favorites or the design tied in to their interests or nicknames or such. I gave one to my middle son and his wife. Now I have two more sons & dil's to make for, and it's time to start on the 11 grandchildren. I have deliberately delayed the grandkids to give them time to get old enough to have a twin-sized quilt that they can drag around the house with them. I really can't see putting all that work into a quilt that will not be a keeper forever or until worn-out for them.

Oh yes, I now keep a picture of each quilt - all by itself and if possible one with its new owner. And I don't just store them on the computer, because computers have been known to crash - they have their own little photo album LOL