View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 PM
jollyquilting

I always liked quilts, once I bought some squares and sewed them together for my sister, tied it together. I knew nothing about quilting and did everything wrong, you know seams that are good and 1/4 seams and such. It was pretty good and that for me, was a one time event. Had it passed me by. OOps, my dear husband bought me a fancy sewing machine that was called THE QUILTERS DREAM, by Elna. Now what in the world could I do.

I had to use that silly thing and I was not a sewer and the few times I attempted to sew, everything was crooked. So, not wanting to hurt his feelings < I signed up to take a quilt. I was doing pretty good until the bobbin ran out and I didn't know how to fill it. I was so discouraged and angry at all the new stuff to learn, I was about to leave. The leader made me stay and finish what I started. OOOH, I am so glad she made me stay. I am totally addicted.

Now I can make bobbins, have a chance to once in awhile get the seams even, at least the short ones. PTL for 1/4inch foot. I

I have only been quilting for about 12 years and will soon be 69 so you know that late blooming is never to late..