View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:01 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I have knitted and sewn since I was about 11 or 12 years old. When I had little children, in my 30's, I had the desire to make them some quilts. My early attempts were very primitive but my kids didn't know any better, either, and loved their "blankies". Then I left quilting alone for the next decade or more, while I concentrated on fashion sewing and design, as well as knitting design. Every year our State Fair would send me an invitation to come participate in the State Fair Quilting Bee, and that little bit of hand quilting, even just once a year, kept me wanting to get back into quilting. Finally, just last year a friend's diagnosis with breast cancer succeeded in pulling me back into quilting. I knew God was calling me to make her a prayer quilt... About that same time I found this board (also Providential) and quilting became SO INTERESTING to me. I have enjoyed it and learned so much. I am accumulating a stash of fabrics, and have enough patterns in my mental 'queue' to keep me quilting a long time. Thanks to all of you for the inspiration!