View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 AM
mexmmh43

In 1996 when I was informed that my 25 year old singer died my DH went with me to the repair store to pick it up. We entered the store and OMG he was so impress by what the new machines could do(there were Phaffs, brothers, and other amazing machines) that he sat down with George, who could sell you back your own children and you would say thank you. So ofcourse my DH bought me a phaff. We proudly brought my new machine home and started playing with it. Since I only did occasional sewing, I though this is to expensive of a machine just to use occasionally. I thought about the quilts I had seen at the store and decided that maybe I could learn to quilt. Went online and read about 9 patch and snowball blocks. bought some fabric made my first snowball and 9 patch quilt. However, I set them on point not knowing about bias or how to cut setting triangles so you can imagine how it turned out. After that experience I decided to take my first quilting class and have been hooked every since. Little did my DH know what he was letting himself in for, when he bought me that first machine. I currently have the brother 2000D and for Christmas he traded in my old Phaff bought me the brother 6000D as our anneversrey and Christmas present. I am so lucky to have him.