Old 03-21-2011, 11:46 AM
karenm36

Originally Posted by milp04
Hi Karen, What a great job you've done. I really like the red setting triangles as they set off the on point setting of your squares.

I would not use the paisley, it's not for a man.

I would see about getting a navy blue fabric that matches what you have for your sashing fabric. Then I would use it to make a small border which will read like a frame all around your quilt squares set on point. Then I would see if you can find another fabric for a larger outside border. I'm not sure about the blue check that you mentioned. Could not tell from the pictures.

For the outside border you should have at least two borders, or two borders with a small fabric flange or small piping accent.

I would spend whatever it took to get the right fabric to match your quilt. Take your quilt with you to the fabric store. You may have ladies at the store give you their input. Take along a friend for their input. Have plenty of time when you go to the store. Lay out several different options with your quilt top to see how it looks. Stand back and take a picture. Then look at the picture in your camera. If you can't decide, sleep on it over night and see how you feel about your decision the next day.

Good luck with your quilt.

Pam M
Thanks so much for your input. I'm heading to the LQS with quilt in hand on Wednesday. There's a dear woman there who's been "holding my hand" as I learn to quilt...I know she'll be very helpful!