View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 12:33 PM
GrammaO

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
Not really sure..I always hated sewing and anytime my Mother tried to teach me, I was running out the door to go to my horses..Still trying to figure out why all of a sudden to make quilts has become one of my many loves..To me, its like painting..You never really know what its going to look like until its all done..And for me I guess that is why I love it so..
That's so funny! That is exactly how my story starts out! My mother quilted and made clothes. She managed to teach me to embroidery but I despised sewing. Would much rather be riding my horse or playing outside with the dogs. When my first grandbaby arrived I decided to emboider a crib quilt panel. Lots of work...took forever! Decided I'd better learn something quicker and decided to try quilting. First few were panels that I just put binding on and finally worked up the nerve to piece something. Current count is 16 grandkids with one on the way. So far, most of them have a baby blanket and eventually all will have at least a lap sized quilt. Now I'm just addicted and wished I had learned more from my mom while she was still alive.