View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 01:11 PM
laughingquilter

Originally Posted by Ursula
We are planning a vacation to Wisconsin in May. Any suggestions on "must see" quilt stores along the route from Minneapolis to Madison to Milwaukee to Green Bay and back to Minneapolis? We are not familiar with the area so if there is something we should definitely seek out, we don't want to miss it. Thanks much!
I know the area between Minneapolis and Madison.....I'm from the LaCrosse WI area....so here are my suggestions:
1. Olive Juice Quilts in Onalaska is a nice one, lots of fabric and great samples, more options for "modern and quirky" than what you'd find in a lot of shops....
2. J.J. Stitches in Sun Prairie - awesome quilt shop!- more traditional and primitives
3. Mill House Quilts in Waunakee (not too far off I-90 before you get to Madison) is a really neat shop - seems like they have it all - both traditional and trendy
4. The Cotton Thimble in WI Rapids has TONS of fabric.....they advertise as having over 8000 bolts and 1400 of that is batiks - the owner is a really nice woman.....
5. The Quilt Basket in Viroqua is a really cute shop with lots of samples and "neat stuff"
6. If you've ever been interested in The Cotton Theory quilt as you go method by Betty Cotton - Betty's shop in Osseo is a neat shop and Osseo is right off I-94.