Old 02-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

well, been sewing forever, but somewhat new to quilting. The queen size I did many, many years ago i around here somewhere. Has one small place that seam needs attention. It has been used by whole family.
two baby quilts have been used with children and now grandchildren.
Have sooo many bundles that I picked yardages and hopefully are coordinated. Each one has a person's name on it written in my heart.
Many bundles for close friends and even some for me. I guess I must be saving myself and hubby for last, lol. I want everyone's to be done well, but love the fabrics in my bundles...and my girls wouldn't want the ones I like...lol,...want these to turn out real well. It's not a selfish thing or a pride thing, it's got something to do, I guess, with, being an only girl with five brothers, growing up alone and always putting myself last. Someday I am going to make that little girl her very own quilt. Maybe even 2 or 3.
Have many plans for donating also. I guess we just want to fill the world with quilts. It will be hard to see them go, but I will definitely take several pics of each one. I fall in love with my projects...like pets, lol.
I have resigned myself to the reality that once something is given away, it is the recipients choice to do with as they please and i will have to grin and bear it. I know, I am sentimental. Not a commodity in today's world. I guess it's an "oddity". oh well. :wink: