View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Diana Lynne

Originally Posted by Oistin
A friend of mine who is a quilter asked me to make a baby quilt for a friend of hers who was expecting a boy. She said that she would pay me and asked me for a price . I stupidly said what she could afford... Guess how much she gave me..$20 yes you read it right $20!! It was a sportstheme quilt and it had the baby's name embroidered and date of birth and even the back was sport theme. I felt insulted!!I wished I had given it to her for nothing.
Wait there's more! She said her 2 grand sons saw the quilt and wanted one made? What do I do? I agreed before I had seen how much she had given me in a check. Help. Am I a sucker or a fool? I feel like I have been taken in advantage of.
You are neither one of those things..Instead you are a friend who was asked to do something and you did it..Be proud of that and do not let the hurt feelings get in the way of that feeling..She should be ashamed of herself for giving such an amount..and as far as the other quilts go..Tell her the truth, that you can not afford the money nor the time it would go into making them..But, if she wanted to, she could buy the material needed and that you charge ( ??) so much per quilt..