Old 03-21-2011, 07:34 PM
melinda1962

I am no expert, but I do own 5 15 clones, and they all sew great. They purr so nicely, and also will sew about anything you throw at them. Fast too. All of mine also drop the feed dogs for darning and FMQ. I also like the different colors they come in, and badged with the different names. Hard to date and track, but still neat all the same.

Melinda

Also I have a 1954 66 that has reverse, but actually says backtack on the stitch regulator.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Grandmother23
I have an opportunity to buy a vintage Kenmore exactly like this one:
http://www.ecrater.com/p/8732598/sea...achine-vintage
only in a nice cabinet...

It looks like an exact clone of a Singer 15. This is the only Kenmore I have seen that looks like this. Does anyone know anything about this model machine? I couldn't find numbers on the machine, at all.
I have one like this. Does yours have an oblong D with a S in the D on the underneath? Mine also says DSM Made in Japan on the column. Mine didn't come with a case though. I couldn't find any numbers on this machine either. But it is a pretty little machine.
I don't have it yet but will look for that when I go look at it again (hopefully tomorrow...) Does yours sew pretty much like a Singer 15?

I've been wanting a Singer 15 and this clone is in so much better shape than any real 15s I've come across. Does anyone know how well the clones compare to the real thing? Billy, what do you think?
I'm not Billy, but the Japanese class 15 machines I've had have been wonderful--and I've had a lot of them!!
Ooooh, I'm excited to hear that! Miz Johnny has 'enabled' me!