View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
seasaw2mch

Well first off I want to say this wall hanging is priceless and you did a fabulous job. I'm the historian in my family and this tops anything I've ever come across.

After reading all the other posts I have to say Pam hit it right on the head with all her suggestions. She has so much good incite on a project like this, I'm simply amazed. So much to think about when doing a project like this and I think she really hit some very good points that I would have never thought about. I have to agree that this type of project is more time consuming and the fact that simple mistakes on this one can not be over looked especially with spelling of names, dates and such. I especially liked the thoughts about all the added things needed to care for and hang this type of quilt, most I would have not even thought of unless asked about them.

Although you did yours for your own family and you poured your heart into it (as it shows), it would be more stressful when doing something like this for someone else as they are more picky of your work even though you are a great quilter, by the looks of what you have done here, most people just seem to be more picky when they pay you to do anything regardless if they know how to do it themselves or not. For that reason alone I do not quilt for hire but I will make a quilt and if someone wants to by it for what ever price I put on it then so be it. I don't work under stress and would never take on that sort of thing because of that reason.

My bottom line suggestion would be to read carefully what Pam has written and take all things into consideration before making your decision.

Originally Posted by milp04
This post if very long.

This is a very interesting question.

Well I had a lot of thoughts to share. Hopefully the thoughts flow smoothly from one to another without repeating. I think I will stop now.

Pam M