View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 03:40 AM
quiltmaker

I agree with the above postings but my first thought would be you didn't cut your squares/triangles properly. This is a class to learn and we all had to learn these techniques to begin quilting. I would take what I'd done to the teacher so she could show me what I did wrong and hopefully find suggestions to improve my cutting/sewing correct quarter inch seams. If you don't want to start over...let her know and see if you can't just square up all your squares equally and then make the necessary adjustments for the rest of your quilt. We all make mistakes and as has been said if we didn't we'd never learn.

Never be ashamed of your work...you are trying your best and most importantly trying to learn the correct process. It takes time and understanding. Without understanding what created the problems for you....you will never learn and you are there to learn. So put on your happy face and take what you've done in to your teacher and ask for help. Believe me none of us is perfect even those of us who have quilted for years and years still use our not so favorite friend....the seam ripper.