Old 03-22-2011, 05:55 AM
sherriequilts

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
Hello! I posted this same question a few months back and basically got alot of the same replies. Many women on this board don't hide fabric. I felt like it should not have posted the question either... Believe it or not, since then I just make sure my house bills are paid then if I come across fabric I want for my stash I buy it with no hiding or shame. I figure I do my contribution by working, being a good woman, keeping a clean house, etc. If I want to purchase fabric I do. Of course now it is getting to the point of I am running out of space in my very small sewing room!
Guess I missed this topic the first time around. Have been LOL over many of the posts. Nice to know that many here are supported in their quilting. My DH was not into reading and I am a bookworm of the first order. I didn't show him how many books I'd bring home from Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc. Wish he were here now, but would not be showing him all my fabric purchases either. I didn't start quilting until after he passed although I had made a couple of big, puffy comforters with pieced tops (didn't think they qualified as quilts!). He really liked them so maybe he would have supported me in my quilting. He had his own projects too. I miss him.