View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 06:42 AM
MrsRodgers

I have always struggled with the size of my sewing desk. Whenever I did anything large, I had to drag the beast of a sewing machine upstairs and do it at the table. Recently, I got a wild hair to do a Toni Whitney design, and blew the thing up to 4 times it's original size. Then I made my own frame, and was quilting at the dinner table. The bummer is...there was a pin under the pvc pipe that I didn't see...and it did some damage to my table. I am refinishing the table anyway, but I had to come up with another idea. I stared at my sewing room for awhile, and came up with what you see below. When I'm not using the full area, the sides stay down, When I need the full length for the frame...I flip out the sides, put the pieces of pvc under the edge, and voila'! Easy! What a great thing to have all that room! I have also included a pic of Midnight Glide x4...the background is all quilted now, and I was staring at it this morning imagining what stitches I will use on the owl...I don't want to go off to work today!

Midnight Glide x4
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173256[/ATTACH]

Sides down...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173261[/ATTACH]

Sides up!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173263[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-173250.jpe   attachment-173255.jpe   attachment-173257.jpe