Old 03-22-2011, 08:28 AM
suezquilts

We started quilting all together in 1994. Hand quilting/and a La or 2. I had more than 10 quilts of my own on hand before I purchase my machine. I knew I would have a business, I had the love of quilting in my blood.
I had a Mom who pushed me and my sister with piecing quilts... she was dying and she had many quilts she wanted done in her last 18 mo. We worked all day long between treatments. My sister moved in with Mom, and they decided then, we needed a LA.
But, we couldn't spend our Mom's money and couldn't afford it. My DS looked into the best machine and we dreamed awhile.
Our Mom passed away and the inheritance was enough for each of us to purchase our first Gammills in 2004.

Thankful to have it purchased for us, in a sad way.

Then 2009, I had to make the choice, to upgrade to a Statler, computerized.

I remember when I purchased the first machiine, I was an OUTLAW LAQ because I had a stitch regulated machine. Because I wasn't regulating the machine made me less of a LA.

Times haven't changed, I somehow feel that many think I'm not a LA Quilter or less talented than another LAQ because I use a computer.

Well the art will continue to change.

I did take out an equity loan for my Statler. I'm so thankful for my Mom and Sister as they have helped me a long the way with this huge purchase.

So maybe I should sign off.
Outlaw LAQ