View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 09:20 AM
sewobsessed1

I've been visiting the board for a while and finally decided to join and say hi because it's always so friendly around here.

I've been sewing, knitting and crocheting since I was in high school and made my first quilt, a split rail, when my husband bought me my first machine, a treadle Singer, at a garage sale for 20 dollars in 1984.

One quilt and I was hooked!

I've made hundreds since, but without forethought of documenting any of them. I have given all of them away as gifts except for my childrens', niece's and nephew's wedding quilts packed away and waiting for that special day when they can finally be given.

I still make a lot of my own clothes, though I'd much rather quilt and it's gotten much more expensive to make than buy. My husband and I both lost our jobs when the economy mess hit our factories, so I do a lot of looking instead of buying now. Luckily, I have enough stash built up to keep me busy with scrap quilts for quite a while. See, build those stashes cause you never know!

I'm rather a traditionalist when it comes to quilting. I don't really enjoy art quilts, though I really, really appreciate all the hard work that goes into them. I use older patterns and only hand quilt, which I find to be the most enjoyable part of the process. I'm not nuts, I don't hand stitch because not only do I suck at it, but I'm so slow that I'd never get anything finished! Although, I did make my daughter a queen size cathedral window once and that was fun. When I run out of batting, I'll be making another one - this time for me.

Anyway, I've babbled enough. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello, so hello!
:D

*Oh, and I'd like to kiss whoever it was that mentioned getting blades at HF. I'd been using the same dull blade for 3 years! Huge thanks!!!