Old 02-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by roselady
Prism99
Is the hoop that you like anything like the one sold at Keepsake Quilting? I have looked at it and the Grace one that you mentioned. The one at keepsake is much less expensive but if it is not as well made then I would be willing to spend more on the Grace hoop. Thankyou so much for your reply
That's it! That's my hoop!!!

I bought mine at a quilt show directly from the guy who had designed and made it. It seemed very expensive at the time, but I love love love it. I saw it later in the Keepsake catalog, but when I looked online I thought it was Connecting Threads that had it.

I actually think this hoop could be better than the Grace lap hoop because there are only two supports; nothing gets in the way of positioning the underneath hand. It is easy to tilt the hoop to any angle by loosening and tightening a single wing nut. It is a very fast adjustment and I've never had any problem with slippage; no need to over-tighten.

The base is just heavy enough to sit comfortably in my lap without moving around. My prior lap hoop was very lightweight and, as I mentioned before, the three fixed supports were often in the way of my underneath hand.

If you get this hoop, I think you will be very happy with it. My only regret is that our late German Shepherd used mine as a teething ring one day. It still works fine, but doesn't look as lovely as it once did. Come to think of it, sort of like me.......