View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 AM
mudsprite

Hi Granny Shep -

Nice to hear from you - I am so impressed with your projects as the last garment I tried to sew had an arm inside out and upside down, in 12th grade. Most of the girls were working on their wedding dresses! Pathetic
efforts indeed.

Now, in asking around about this pattern, I found that this pattern has been passed around and that the easiest way to sew it was to put it together like a bargello quilt. Sew strips and cut and sew strips into rounds then open seams or unsew and stagger seams so that one fabric is above or below (whatever) the previous seam. I haven't seen the pattern yet but have bought yellow and blue fabrics to make it. Tho it may end up in the UP's I would love to give it a try but cannot find anyone here who knows anyone w/pattern. To date my 1 by 3 flying geese quilt has been the most difficult (queen size) groan.

What I notice about your work is the absolute and total precision at your seam intersections which is what I think you mean about a lot of work?
Am I right? Sounds like I will need all my pins!

I reserve the right to drive myself crazy - not that I need help, but would be so grateful for your sharing this pattern with me. Thank you GrannyShep.

Cindy