Thread: Old baby quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Debbie B

My friend's daughter is pregnant with her first child. The friend's mother is 90 and they found this quilt top that she quilted 30 - 35 years ago. She asked me to quilt it for them. Yikes! I told her to remember that I have only been quilting for a year & that I am still very much a beginner, and I do FMQ. But, she told me to do whatever I wanted. It's an applique of a rocking horse with a little girl with a bonnet and a little boy holding the horse's tail. In the corners are hearts with Bambi & Thumper. I outlined all the applique and FMQ in a meandering path in the body. I FMQ hearts in the squares at the top & bottom. I think it turned out OK, but it certainly would not pass the Quilt Police. She had bought premade fabric with squares of flannel & chenille (sp?) for the backing and that gave me fits when I would go over certain seams. Broke 2 or 3 needles. She said she would bind it. I hope that they like it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-173484.jpe   attachment-173485.jpe   attachment-173486.jpe