View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 03:07 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
Normally, and I do mean normally, when you purchase fabric from the store or from others, you get the full width of fabric when you are talking about a yard ...correct????

Well, now twice, I have been extremely surprised and quite disappointed when I received fabric and it was only 1/2 width of fabric ...

Yep, that's correct, only 1/2 of the width of fabric. Sooo while I am thinking I have 2 yards approximately 72 x 44 inches, I ended up with a piece 72 x 22 inches. Not exactly what I anticipated.

Regretfully, this purchase came a couple months ago and I "cleaned out" my PM's since the transactions had been completed.

I discovered this when I started today "sigh" doing all the "ruler" folding so my fabric will look nicer. Up to now, I thought it was a full piece of fabric that I had purchased.

Why would ANYONE think it was proper to cut it down the middle that way???? I can't think of anyone that buys fabric like that so why in the world would they sell it like that.

Opinions? Am I nuts in wanting the full WOF?

May I ask where you bought it? If at a rummage or yard sale the person marking it as 2 yards might have no idea what fabric is supposed to be. Maybe he/she found it and just marked it that way.

HOWEVER, even in JoAnn's you have to keep an eye on people. One cutter had no idea how to cut a 1/3 of a yard .