View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 04:02 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by ohiobuckeye
I bought a new Kenmore machine at Sears about a month ago...They were on clearance because the new stock was coming in....I got the higher priced one with 215 or so stiches, needle up/down and touch screen stitch selector/regulator regularly $450 for $269. I LOVE it! How did I ever live without the needle up/down feature?
A lot of those Kenmore's are actually made by Janome. Janome tends to make a good, all around machine. The Kenmore's I've seen are pretty good machines for regular, light duty sewing. With care, they can do heavy stuff like leathers, canvas and things. FMQ they don't have such a great time with mostly because of the number of layers and the small space. But then, I haven't looked at the latest Kenmore's.

If you go on the Sears website, you can find the machines. Then click on Janome USA's website and you'll likely find the exact same machine in there somewhere. My Sis in law bought a top line Kenmore about 2 years ago, she loves it. I had her buy that one, because it was almost an exact match to my Janome 4000 (a 12 year old machine). It was exactly the same, so I knew it would work well for her. And it has. She has since, though... bought a 'real' Janome Jem for going to classes, AND a Gammell Long Arm! :shock:

Ohio, How big is the harp space on your new Kenmore? Congrats on finding a 'steal' deal, btw. That's a great price for them.