Old 02-16-2009, 01:15 PM
marjeet

I have a Brother Duetta 4000 (I think! - it's about 2 yrs old....) Started with a Janome 9000 but couldn't get the hang of the "clothsetter" thingy. Then my best friend's husband bought her a Brother 8500 and she refused to use it because she still liked her 9000. So HE took up machine embroidery! He's got one-later model of Brother than mine, now, I think. I really liked the Brother (this is my 3rd!) because it automatically centered the designs. It is so user friendly. Like everyone else I have tons of designs. When I bought my Duetta i got a year of free designs from AnitaGooddesigns that are fantastic. Haven't used some of the more intricate ones yet but will as soon as I get my nerve up....I'm working on some sweatshirts now for my sister-ini-law, her husband, and his brother. I made the 2 guys sweatshirts probably 10 years ago and she mentioned a while back they are still wearing them! So they're getting new golf-related sweatshirts.

I've acquired several quilt-block embroidery designs but haven't yet used them. So much to do, and so little time!