View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Quilting G

I am sew excited. I am piecing a 4 block backing for my sons quilt and it is fleece. Well I did not follow directions and starch it first but it is working.
I did have some trouble cutting the pieces and sewn 8 strips together and is went smoothly no stretching and they have no ripples. So Yeah!!!
I am excited about two things.. One my sewing machine allowed me to use an oversize spool of thread and it still self threaded the needle… I will never go back to one that doesn’t.
The other thing was I had concerns that quilting on the fleece would make it rough. I do not plan on quilting closely but was concerned. Well while piecing the first strips together I complete about 10 inches and stopped to make sure it was not stretching and I could not see the thread… It created a ditch but I could not see the thread with out folding the ditch open… It looks like the fluff of the fleece covered the thread.
Sew Yeahhhhh I will not need to worry about what color thread I use in the bobbin……

Now for my question. The thread I used is Coats Machine quilting & Crafts Mercerized Cotton. I got it because it was much cheaper then the normal large spools. Is this thread good for piecing as well as the actual quilting? And is it ok for the bobbin?

Thanks Guys. I am sooo excited about this one. The design for the back and front is attached. I will post photos when I'm done…

Happy Quilting,
G

Lets Play Ball Backing in fleece.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20511[/ATTACH]

Lets Play Ball front. This is as close as I could get in on the quilt program I have. Imagine the base ball stiching showing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25192[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-20511.jpe   attachment-25192.jpe