View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by lileth1374
A few months back, I tried my hand at machine quilting. It did not turn out like I had planned. I made this quilt and folded it up on my table. My brother came in and asked what I was going to do with it. I told him that I would probably give it to the local thrift shop, I wasn't sure. He picked it up and walked out with it. Later on, he came back and handed me a piece of paper. He said that was my receipt for a tax write off for a donation. When I opened it up, it read PRICELESS!
Aren't loving brothers wonderful!!! I know mine is. Of course I could be just a little prejudice, since I've only had one brother and no sisters in my life. We have always been close, and even more so now that we are both old, oops I meant to say both matured. Just goes to show you that not everyone thisks what we do and dislike is bad work. Someone always appreciates it even when we don't like it. I love the note. That looks like just a good warm snuggly quilt to me. Glad your brother came along before you had a chance to take it to the thrift shop.