Old 03-22-2011, 10:09 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by quilt queen 2
For years I worked sewed quilted knit volunteered and raised 4 great kids I think a lot of people just use the fact that they work as an excuse to get out of doing some things.
This is true.

But why does this bother you? Did you take it as a "I think you are lazy" comment because you don't work outside the home?

It is true that people who hold another job 8-10 hours a day just don't have enough hours in the day to get other things done. Some can't. Some can. Depends on personality level, number of children in the home, organization level, perfectionist level, how much help hubby is, how old the kids are, how much tv one watches, etc.

But I'd not take it is as a slap. Don't be sensitive. Just be glad you can stay at home--for whatever reason. If you are so sick that you can't work, or have a husband who provides and you can live frugally, or have already worked many years and get to stay home now, etc, don't let those comments bother you.

But in truth, many people just don't have the organizational abilities to do much else if they work.

But I'd guess a lot of ladies/men on this board WORK AND make quilts for charities.