View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 AM
Bonlou

Hi- I'm new here. I just completed my first Fun and Done quilt. I will try to upload a picture if I can. :-)

I sent for the templates "Batting Buddy," and used them to cut out the backing, batting, and centered with them.

It went pretty well. I used glue stick on my batting to help hold it in place. The Elmer's glue stick worked the best. Then I bought one from the Dollar Tree and that didn't hold good. I had to rip out and redo a few blocks as they were way off center. Anyone else had that experience?

I didn't have a walking foot, so just sewed the rows together with my zipper foot. (I used that one because I could see better where it was stitching.) I used a zig zag stitch. Here is my question: How do you get an even zig zag stitch? Mine were all over the place and bunched up and did a lot of stitches in one spot at times. I also had to pull on the fabric a lot to get it to move. At least I used a color of thread that didn't show too much. Would a walking foot cure these two problems?

I didn't have a pattern so just made one up. I think it is called strip quilting? It turned out to be 45"X60." What would that be called? A lap quilt?

I'd like to do another one but would like my seams where I joined the blocks and rows to look smoother and nicer.

I know there is a lot of experienced quilters on here and I'd like some advise.

Also, don't know what to name this quilt. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Bonlou

Fun & Done Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173728[/ATTACH]

Fun & Done Closeup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173729[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-173722.jpe   attachment-173723.jpe