Thread: Hi from Canada
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Mo_Chride

Hi, my name is Tara. I live in Alberta, Canada. I have two children, a boy who is 6 and a girl who is 3. I have been quilting since 2004 although I have taken some pretty big breaks in there since I never seemed able to quilt while pregnant or with a young baby.

I started with the yellow brick road pattern and have now made four of those in a crib size I think. One for each of my two children and one for each of my two nieces. I made a crib quilt for a nephew last year that was part of a half square triangle exchange that used almost 1,000 HSTs. I also made my niece a Sunbonnet Sue Twin quilt (done with machine applique) and another twin quilt in a red, white and blue nautical theme for my son that I got the pattern out of Fons and Porter's LOQ. That one just needs to be quilted.

I am currently working on a twin pattern called Little Monsters by Don't Look Now out of Australia. That one I am doing by hand applique that will then be trapunto'd. This one I have decided to send to the LAQ because I don't want to try to shove that one under my Husqvarna. I think this one will be for my younger niece.

Next I am planning to hand applique the Enchanted Quilt Garden by Piece o' Cake for my daughter in a twin.

I still have so much to learn and am looking forward to talking and learning from all of you. With our long, cold, snowy Alberta winters quilting gives me something to keep my hands busy but with two young children I am certainly not fast.

Tara