Thread: 5 new inches
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 07:48 AM
fabricmaniac

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Originally Posted by Cherylsea
I know it seems horrible to you but, here in Florida we are about to hit high Summer and it will stay hot, humid, dry and awful for about the next 9 months. Guess it is all relative. I would so love to move!!
Exactly one of the many reasons why I moved away from Florida as soon as I was of legal age to do so! I was no great fan of the sunshine state. Yes I will bi**h and moan about winter in the northeast but in the long run I do find it preferable to the unbearable heat and humidity of Florida (as well as the high air conditioning costs and all those bugs!) At least here I know the snow and cold will only be around for 4 months at most. The hot lasts in Florida much longer.
I'm with you! While I am from Massachusetts near the coast area (hot and HUMID summers) I couldn't stand southern Florida either where we spent three winters in our motorhome. It was too humid and buggy even in the winter months. Now I live in the Phoenix area and love the dry weather! But it gets so hot in summer, we now go north in our motorhome! We will be staying here for the summer this year due to my husband having surgery, but at least our house is wonderfully air-conditioned and we've got a pool in the backyard. But, believe it or not, I REALLY do miss the snow of New England but when it was still coming down in April.... NOT SO MUCH!! My kids have had a tough winter back there this year.