View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM
fabric_fancy

1.I am wondering from other LA quilters, how do you control the free-flying movement when you want to backtrack over stitching? Do you brace you elbows at your sides or are there settings to have more control over machine movement.

i have micro handles and i have a ruler that fits on the foot that allows for more controlled movements and i use these for micro quilting too.

2. Many say they have tension problems to overcome. Is that an issue on LA's?

lucky for me i haven't had tension issues but this is a simple thing to fix if you are.

3. Why would you choose to quilt without the stitch regulator on? Is it because you can go faster, slower, more control??

i have no problems with speed with the stitch regulator - thats the entire point of the regulator no matter if i'm take it slow or fast the regulator keeps up.

very rarely am i a speed demon with my machine.

4. Is there any LA purchaser that had buyer's remorse. I see how thrilled many LA quilters are with there purchase but haven't heard any negative feedback.

i've never been disappointed with my purchase but i have read someone's blog here and when she got her machine last year or so she was thrilled and lately her blog has been nothing but complaints about the setup not working properly.

5. If it is not going to be used for a business, can the costs be justified?

this is only for you to answer. i never feel the need to justify my spending.