View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 10:22 AM
pollym44

Well ladies, it's that time when those ugly, hairy worms are all over the cherry, plum and peach trees. They are brown and black and hairy. This is the only thing I will allow myself to HATE!!! The trees are loaded with them and they have already begun to crawl all over the place. The lawn will look like a moving carpet and they get all over the house, under the carport as well as eat everything in their path. :hunf: Needless to say, I'm in for a while!!! :mrgreen:
Can't cut the tree, it hangs over the street. Tried to saw the limbs, 1 at a time, but that's a big tree. What's an old girl to do?? Too high to spray, and I'm too old to keep running and screaming every time I venture outside and see one. :mrgreen:
Thought about throwing gas and finding a match, but, house too close to tree. I poured boxes of salt around the tree, but, the salt-loving thing just grew more. :hunf:
What's an old girl to do??? QUILT YOU SAY, well I hate that those darn worms have the control to make me stay inside when I'd rather be outside looking at the new roses, not the ones they ate the tops out of once they're gone. :thumbdown:
Well I guess I could secure [army talk] the windows and doors just in case they try to cross THIS enemy line. :hunf:
Well ladies, thanks for letting me vent. OH----does anyone have one of the big fire guns they use to clear the jungle???? I'll pay top money for it!!!!!!