View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 12:32 PM
suzee

It really wasn't my fault! I was just looking for a bargello pattern a couple of weeks ago and stumbled upon this site. I lurked and read, and before I knew it I had found my way to the vintage machine shop. I confess, I was dazzled by all the pictures of the old Singers restored to their former glory. I couldn't help but check Craig's List and well, last night i purchased 'Phoebe' and today after working on her for a couple of hours, she sews!!! Her cabinet is mint, but she is going to need some TLC. I don't even know how to tell what model she is. Her serial # is G603400. She came with several attachments that I'm not familiar with. (I do recognize the bobbin, needle case, and hemmer foots! LOL) Can anybody tell me how to identify her model? When my husband called last night and asked ". . . and why do you need a second sewing machine?" I told him that a man who owns five routers should understand ;') Forgive me for running on, I'm just sooooo excited!

Phoebe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173919[/ATTACH]

She has a beautiful oak cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173920[/ATTACH]

Is anybody able to help me identify these?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]173921[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-173913.jpe   attachment-173914.jpe   attachment-173915.jpe