View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Rose L

CK, I spent two days working on templates for this pattern. I only got through the large green block with the gold background. On graph paper it turned out fine. When cutting templates and stacking them together with seam allowances over lapping it worked out fine but in the end when sewing them together the angles were slightly off. I was using a finished block size of 5" so that you might get several blocks out of the amount of fabric you have even though the finished quilt would be miniature in size. I think it would be more feasible to do 10" blocks but you would probably end up with only three blocks. Like I said before there is a lot of waste fabric with this pattern. Having said all of that, I do think the pattern is worth working with but I would certainly do it in a larger block size and it would be best to have someone with EQ7 work out the templates. I experimented with 1/8" seams and 1/4" seams and once sewn they just didn't quite measure up correctly. It may have been my math though. Good luck!